- Every month my blogging buddies and I are going to read a new book and you’re invited to read along with us.
- We’ll announce the book on the 1st Monday of the month.
- We will post our reviews/discussions on the last Friday of the month.
- The club will read books January through May, take the summer off and pick back up in September.
- We have a new Facebook group!
- You can find the full list of books we’ll read this year & more details here.
THIS MONTH’S BOOK
After a devastating divorce leaves Adam Colby heartbroken, he is not sure how he can put the pieces of his life back together. He wonders if even God can make sense of the mess that remains-until a package of mysterious postcards that direct Adam to the story of Gabe and Huck Alexander. Drawn by her desire to find a true soulmate, Pearl “Huck” Huckabee breaks a turbulent engagement with her fiancé to marry Gabe Alexander, a man she’s known just a few short weeks. Wanting to celebrate and protect their love, Gabe mails her a meaningful postcard every week-beginning in 1926-for the next sixty years. Designed to arrive on Fridays, each postcard not only contains an original poem, but holds precious truths, the sum of which answer the universal question: what makes a marriage last? As Adam begins to uncover the Alexanders’ secret, he records Gabe and Huck’s extraordinary romance. It’s a process that will change his life forever.
Rather than doing questions for each book I want to make it a little easier. Below are the three things I’d like to know about each book.
- Your general thoughts – This is kind of like a general review of the book. You can see some of the reviews I’ve done in the past here.
- Your favorite thing – This can be anything! Some examples – something about the way the book was written, the story line, a character or a part of the book.
- Your least favorite thing – Again, this can be anything. Some examples – something about the way the book was written, the story line, a character or a part of the book.