It’s that time again! I’m really excited about this book. I am a huge Mary Kay Andrews fan. We read one of her books last year and I have yet to find one of her books that I don’t like. I hope y’all enjoy this book and her writing as much as I do.
- Every month my blogging buddies and I are going to read a new book and you’re invited to read along with us.
- We’ll announce the book on the 1st Monday of the month.
- We will post our reviews/discussions on the last Friday of the month.
- The club will read books January through May, take the summer off and pick back up in September.
- We have a new Facebook group!
- You can find the full list of books we’ll read this year & more details here.
THIS MONTH’S BOOK
Can this wedding be saved?
Up-and-coming floral designer Cara Kryzik is about to score the wedding of a lifetime―one that will solidify her career as the go-to-girl for Savannah society nuptials. The only problem is, life seems to be conspiring against her. Cara’s implacable father, “The Colonel”, doesn’t believe in Cara’s business savvy and is about to call in his twenty-thousand-dollar loan. Then, on the morning that someone steals her dog, Cara’s refrigerator goes on the blink, turning twelve thousand dollars’ worth of gorgeous blooms into road kill. And if that’s not enough, the dog-napper, Jack Finnerty, turns up at her latest wedding and then mysteriously leaves her stranded on the dance floor.
All this turmoil will be solved if Cara can pull off the lavish Trappnell-Strayhorn wedding. The payday will solve all her problems―even the looming problem of a celebrated florist named Cullen Keane who is moving into her turf from Charleston. But the wedding is in six weeks, the bride is acting strangely (even for a bride) and the stepmother of the bride is becoming Cara’s biggest headache. What Cara needs is to focus, but that’s not easy when Jack is turning up at every wedding in Savannah (the man seems to know everybody), with Cara in his sights and seduction on his mind.
When Brooke Trappnell spirals into a shocking crisis and the wedding is in jeopardy, Cara must come to the rescue and figure out what she really believes in. Is it love? Is it her own strength? In the end, for everyone, “Save the Date” has more meanings than one.
Rather than doing questions for each book I want to make it a little easier. Below are the three things I’d like to know about each book.
- Your general thoughts – This is kind of like a general review of the book. You can see some of the reviews I’ve done in the past here. You can get the stars I use here.
- Your favorite thing – This can be anything! Some examples – something about the way the book was written, the story line, a character or a part of the book.
- Your least favorite thing – Again, this can be anything. Some examples – something about the way the book was written, the story line, a character or a part of the book.