Welcome to 2016!! It’s going to be a good year. I can already feel it. I’m still trying to sort through two weeks worth of emails. If you’ve emailed me and I haven’t gotten back to you, I’m sorry. Later this week I’m going to tell you all about my Christmas and New Years Eve. Today I’m here to announce that the Blog2Blog Book Club is back!!
For those of you that don’t know what I’m talking about, here’s what you need to know.
- Every month my blogging buddies and I are going to read a new book and you’re invited to read along with us.
- We’ll announce the book on the 1st Monday of the month.
- We will post our reviews/discussions on the last Friday of the month.
- The club will read books January through May, take the summer off and pick back up in September.
- We have a new Facebook group!
- You can find the full list of books we’ll read this year & more details here.
The Coincidence of Coconut Cake
YOU’VE GOT MAIL meets HOW TO EAT A CUPCAKE in this delightful novel about a talented chef and the food critic who brings down her restaurant—whose chance meeting turns into a delectable romance of mistaken identities.
In downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Lou works tirelessly to build her beloved yet struggling French restaurant, Luella’s, into a success. She cheerfully balances her demanding business and even more demanding fiancé…until the morning she discovers him in the buff—with an intern.
Witty yet gruff British transplant Al is keeping himself employed and entertained by writing scathing reviews of local restaurants in the Milwaukee newspaper under a pseudonym. When an anonymous tip sends him to Luella’s, little does he know he’s arrived on the worst day of the chef’s life. The review practically writes itself: underdone fish, scorched sauce, distracted service—he unleashes his worst.
The day that Al’s mean-spirited review of Luella’s runs, the two cross paths in a pub: Lou drowning her sorrows, and Al celebrating his latest publication. As they chat, Al playfully challenges Lou to show him the best of Milwaukee and she’s game—but only if they never discuss work, which Al readily agrees to. As they explore the city’s local delicacies and their mutual attraction, Lou’s restaurant faces closure, while Al’s column gains popularity. It’s only a matter of time before the two fall in love…but when the truth comes out, can Lou overlook the past to chase her future?
Set in the lovely, quirky heart of Wisconsin, THE COINCIDENCE OF COCONUT CAKE is a charming love story of misunderstandings, mistaken identity, and the power of food to bring two people together.
Rather than doing questions for each book I want to make it a little easier. Below are the three things I’d like to know about each book.
- Your general thoughts – This is kind of like a general review of the book. You can see some of the reviews I’ve done in the past here.
- Your favorite thing – This can be anything! Some examples – something about the way the book was written, the story line, a character or a part of the book.
- Your least favorite thing – Again, this can be anything. Some examples – something about the way the book was written, the story line, a character or a part of the book.
I am really excited to be back at it and I hope that you’ll share with your friends so we can keep the fun going. I’m trying to compile a list of books so I can set up a page for those of you that want to read ahead.