- Every month my blogging buddies and I are going to read a new book and you’re invited to read along with us.
- We’ll announce the book on the 1st Monday of the month.
- We will post our reviews/discussions on the last Friday of the month.
- The club will read books January through May, take the summer off and pick back up in September.
- We have a new Facebook group!
- You can find the full list of books we’ll read this year & more details here.
THIS MONTH’S BOOK
Jo Marie Barlow first arrives in Cedar Cove seeking a sense of peace and a fresh start. Coping with the death of her husband, she purchases a local bed-and-breakfast—the newly christened Rose Harbor Inn—ready to begin her life anew. Yet the inn holds more surprises than Jo Marie can imagine.
Her first guest is Joshua Weaver, who has come home to care for his ailing stepfather. The two have never seen eye to eye, and Joshua has little hope that they can reconcile their differences. But a long-lost acquaintance from Joshua’s high school days proves to him that forgiveness is never out of reach and love can bloom even where it’s least expected.
The other guest is Abby Kincaid, who has returned to Cedar Cove to attend her brother’s wedding. Back for the first time in twenty years, she almost wishes she hadn’t come, the picturesque town harboring painful memories from her past. And while Abby reconnects with family and old friends, she realizes she can only move on if she truly allows herself to let go.
A touching novel of life’s grand possibilities and the heart’s ability to heal, The Inn at Rose Harbor is a welcome introduction to an unforgettable set of friends.
Rather than doing questions for each book I want to make it a little easier. Below are the three things I’d like to know about each book.
- Your general thoughts – This is kind of like a general review of the book. You can see some of the reviews I’ve done in the past here.
- Your favorite thing – This can be anything! Some examples – something about the way the book was written, the story line, a character or a part of the book.
- Your least favorite thing – Again, this can be anything. Some examples – something about the way the book was written, the story line, a character or a part of the book.