Oh well hello! Tonight I’m pulling myself away from the TV and my fiance to spend a little time with you fabulous people. I know it might not seem like it, but I sure have missed talking with all of you. I know that a lot of balls have been dropped over the last month and I am unbelievably sorry. I am doing my best to try to balance everything and so far I haven’t been doing that great of a job. I wish that I could say it is going to get better, but I don’t know how true that is. I am only four months away from my wedding and things are starting to get crazy busy over here. I seem to have something every weekend and during the week I am just to tired to do anything other than relax on the couch and fall asleep by 9:00. Add in the fact that we are now in the middle of planning my baby brother’s wedding and I’m sure you can imagine how crazy things are around here.
I know I missed last months update so lets just try to lump everything together. I feel like the best way to do that is a handy-dandy bullet list.
- HONEYMOON FLIGHTS: That’s right. In April we booked our flights for our honeymoon. We are going a very non-conventional way for our honeymoon in that we are taking a trip to Vegas with friends two and a half months after our wedding. Don’t worry, we will have plenty of time to ourselves too.
- FLOWER GIRL BASKET: I found a really cute basket at a thrift/consignment shop that is going to be perfect for our little flower girls. I decided to just get one basket for both of them since LiLee probably wont understand the whole thing and is just there to look cute. I’m planning to add some burlap to it and call it good.
- START CLEANING LOCATION: Since we’re getting married at some family property, we have to do a bunch of cleaning to get things ready. Well we thought we did until we went out there a few weekends ago and I completely changed how I wanted to set things up. There was a part of the property that I hadn’t seen before and I instantly fell in love with it. I was also able to show it off to my baby brother and watch him fall in love with it too which was fun.
- GUEST BOOKS: We have something pretty special up our sleeves for our guests to leave messages on. Ben’s Mom and I got them pretty much finished, just need to add a little twine.
- CAKE CARVING SET: I had been looking around and ended up finding something perfect for our “theme” at the amazing Hobby Lobby. I might as well just start calling it “wedding central”.
- CAKE TOPPER: Some of you might remember my talking about my cake topper issue on SnapChat a while ago. I found one that I absolutely loved on Etsy, but it was $50. I’m to cheap for that so I instantly started sending my Mama pictures and she jumped right on figuring out how to make it. She was able to get the stuff we needed from my Grandpa and while she was in town a few weeks ago we put it together. I think it turned out pretty dang good and is even more special since we did it together with material from my Grandpa.
- PAY OFF PHOTOGRAPHER: We still owed our photographer the remaining of her fees. They weren’t due until a month before the wedding, but we had the money and I wanted to check that item off my list.
- ORDER EVENT INSURANCE: Since we’re doing the wedding and reception on private property ordering event insurance wasn’t required, but we thought it was a good idea just to cover our own butts. I’d rather pay the extra money and not have anything happen than not pay for it and have it bite us in the butt.
Man it sure seems like a bunch of stuff when you sit down and write it all out. Even with crossing all those items off our list there is still so much more to do. Here’s a look at what I have on my list for the month of June.
- Finalize invitations
- Put together bouquets and boutonnieres
- Order butcher paper for tables
- Meet with cake lady
- Run through hair trials with Patty
- Decide on what the ring bearers will have & buy whatever is needed
It’s going to be a busy month indeed considering I will be out-of-town three weekends of the month! Patty will be coming up to visit me this weekend and hopefully we can cross a much of these items off my list while having some sister time. I know I didn’t share to many pictures this time, but I’ve decided to leave you with a little mystery. Otherwise what will I have to show off when I get my pictures back.