- Every month my blogging buddies and I are going to read a new book and you’re invited to read along with us.
- We’ll announce the book on the 1st Monday of the month.
- We will post our reviews/discussions on the last Friday of the month.
- The club will read books January through May, take the summer off and pick back up in September.
- We have a new Facebook group!
- You can find the full list of books we’ll read this year & more details here.
THIS MONTH’S BOOK
A debut psychological thriller that will forever change the way you look at other people’s lives.
Rachel takes the same commuter train every morning. Every day she rattles down the track, flashes past a stretch of cozy suburban homes, and stops at the signal that allows her to daily watch the same couple breakfasting on their deck. She’s even started to feel like she knows them. “Jess and Jason,” she calls them. Their life—as she sees it—is perfect. Not unlike the life she recently lost.
And then she sees something shocking. It’s only a minute until the train moves on, but it’s enough. Now everything’s changed. Unable to keep it to herself, Rachel offers what she knows to the police, and becomes inextricably entwined in what happens next, as well as in the lives of everyone involved. Has she done more harm than good?
Compulsively readable, The Girl on the Train is an emotionally immersive, Hitchcockian thriller and an electrifying debut.
Rather than doing questions for each book I want to make it a little easier. Below are the three things I’d like to know about each book.
- Your general thoughts – This is kind of like a general review of the book. You can see some of the reviews I’ve done in the past here.
- Your favorite thing – This can be anything! Some examples – something about the way the book was written, the story line, a character or a part of the book.
- Your least favorite thing – Again, this can be anything. Some examples – something about the way the book was written, the story line, a character or a part of the book.